Global GAIN is a new global network of women democracy advocates and changemakers.
We seek entrepreneurial visionary women, active in civic leadership, advocacy, politics, and public life who want to use their expertise to help make meaningful change in the lives of other women in this world; women who know that only through work and real commitment to gender equity will the world's greatest problems be solved.
Do you believe that the world's most significant issues can only be solved when women achieve parity with men (or better yet make up a majority) of governing entities and public leadership roles? Are you inspired and thrive best when you surround yourself with other like-minded women? Do who want to travel, promote democracy, support community development, help elect women or just support others in using their skills and talents to support women leaders globally?
Advisory Board responsibilities include:
- Promote Global GAIN through personal and professional networks; articulate our vision and mission to potential program participants, partner organizations and potential funding sources
- Attend one annual event, possibilities include an international exchange, a fundraising event or other networking meeting
- Provide suggestions and feedback on Global GAIN's strategy, programmatic work, partnerships and major initiative
- Write or raise at least $1000 per year to the organization per term of two years
- Participate in at least one leadership exchange during the board term OR send a representative to at least one leadership retreat during the board term
- Identify, cultivate, and attract new board members, (both advisory board and honorary members) to create and maintain diversity and to provide a broad range of skills, talents, and resources needed to ensure success and growth of the organization’s mission
- Recruit at least one woman annually to attend events related to Global GAIN
If you are this describes you, Global GAIN is interested in talking with you about joining our advisory board.
Terms: Currently two year terms which commence at the annual meeting.
Communications: Each Advisory Board member will receive regular updates in addition to general communications and invitations to all special events.
Recognition: Advisory Board members will be publicly recognized on the website, at special events, and through other collateral material. If you are interested in joining our inaugural advisory board please fill out this form.